Frequently Asked Questions
- What are your payment options?
- What is your holiday schedule?
- Do you pick up Christmas Trees?
- What is a “Fuel Recovery” Fee?
- Why do you have a cancellation recovery Fee?
- Why should I bag & tie my garbage?
- Do you pick up moving boxes?
- What should I do with my yard waste?
- Do you have a limit of garbage you will take?
- What do I do with paint and hazardous waste?
What are your payment options?
- Mail check, cash, or money order to Custom Disposal Service, Inc. P.O. Box 1428 Dallas GA 30132
- Pay us online through your online banking center.
- Phone in a credit or debit card payment. (A $3.00 convenience fee will apply).
- We can automatically process a credit or debit card on a quarterly basis. (A $3.00 convenience fee will apply).
- Pay online through our secure website. (A $3.00 convenience fee will apply).
- We can auto debit checking or savings accounts quarterly. (No fee will apply)
- Pay for eleven months up front and receive 1 month free. This is a savings of 8%. (This option is only available in January of each year. Cannot be combined with any other discounts. This not a contract and does not lock your rate in. If a rate increase is given during the year and additional balance may be due.)
What is your holiday schedule?
Custom Disposal Service observes the following holidays each year and will not be working when they fall on a weekday. If Independence day (July 4th), Christmas day, or New Years’ Day falls on a Saturday or Sunday, there will be no change in your normal pick-up day.
- Labor Day (Mon)
- Memorial Day (Mon)
- Independence Day
- Thanksgiving Day (Thur)
- Christmas Day
- New Years Day
If your normal pick-up day falls on the actual holiday or your pick-up day is after the actual holiday during the holiday week, your pick-up day will be delayed one day. This includes all routes for the remainder of the holiday week. This includes Friday pick-ups, which means we will be by on Saturday.
Note: If your pick-up day is before the actual holiday during the holiday week, your day of service will not change. Always have your garbage out at the curb by 6:30 A.M. on your pick-up day to insure a pick-up. Our schedule may be altered from time to time due to reasons beyond our control.
Do you pick up Christmas Trees?
Yes – Christmas trees are picked-up on your regular pick-up day for $10.00 per tree. Please place your payment to Custom Disposal in a plastic baggie and attach it to the tree in a visible location.
What is a “Fuel Recovery” Fee?
Your account may be subject to a 10% Fuel recovery fee should the national average for diesel fuel exceed $4.00 per gallon. This fee will be removed immediately upon your next billing cycle when the national average for diesel fuel drops back below $4.00 per gallon.
Why do you have a Cancellation Recovery Fee?
Currently, our Cancellation Recovery Fee (CRF) is $15.00. When customers initiate service we absorb all the costs involved to get the service rolling without charging any deposits. This includes the cost of the new roll-cart(s), and labor and fuel on delivery as well as all the admin cost with setting up new accounts. When service is terminated we also incur expenses, such as labor and fuel for travel to and from to pick up the cart(s). Then we have to refurbish the cart for use once again.
Why should I bag & tie my garbage?
This ensures that all trash is removed properly and helps keep trash off of the street and your neighborhood beautiful. This is a Cobb Co. ordinance (found in Chapter 102 Article 2 Section 102-69-Customer’s Requirements ).
Do you pick up moving boxes?
We will pick up moving boxes with no additional charge as long as they are broken down flat and placed at the curb in an organized manner. All packing paper and packing peanuts must be bagged and tied.
What should I do with my yard waste?
All yard waste must be bagged in paper biodegradable bags or bundled with twine. Bundles must be no longer than 3ft. and no heavier than 40lbs. Tree limbs must be under 4 inches in diameter. Rocks, dirt, trees, and concrete are not considered to be yard waste and will not be picked-up on our regular truck. If you have any of these items listed that you need picked-up, you must call our office and schedule a special pick-up or order a roll-off container. *There are limits and charges for yard waste in some areas.
Do you have a limit of garbage you will take?
Monthly rates are assessed based on average household waste only. All other items are subject to additional charge. We know that there are cases when a customer will have more garbage than normal. We will be glad to take extra garbage from time to time. However, if it becomes a regular occurrence we may have to charge more to cover our additional costs.
What do I do with paint and hazardous waste?
It is illegal for us to pick up and dispose of any hazardous waste such as: gasoline, oil, antifreeze, car batteries, liquid paint, acids, etc. However, paint can be picked up if it is in a solid state. This can be achieved by mixing an equal part of cat litter with the paint and allowed to harden for a few days. Once the paint has hardened, we can pick it up. Please leave the lid off each can of solid paint and place it on the ground next to your trash can.
Any liquids that are discarded for us to pick-up, have a good chance of leaking onto the roadway in front of your and/or your neighbor’s homes. Our trucks are not 100% leak proof for liquids. Absolutely no paint or Oil should ever be placed in your container for pick-up. It is illegal and could result in a fine from the EPA or the Disposal service we deliver to.